A Poll Shows Just 4% of Brits Believe Prince William Should Reach Out First to Prince Harry as One of King Charles's Closest Aides Tries to Reunite the Brothers

A new poll has shed light on public opinion surrounding the long-running rift between Prince William and Prince Harry as Harry and Meghan Markle prepare to spend an extended period in the UK.

According to a survey commissioned by the Mail on Sunday, only 4% of respondents believe William should take the first step toward repairing the brothers’ relationship.

By comparison, 31% said Harry should make the first move, while 27% felt both brothers should make an equal effort. Another 11% believed neither should reach out, while 28% said they were unsure.

The figures come as renewed attention falls on the brothers, who have had little contact since Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral in 2022.

Harry and Meghan’s reported return to the UK has raised questions about whether the move could create an opportunity for the brothers to begin rebuilding their relationship.

The survey also found that 43% of respondents believe Harry and Meghan should apologise for comments and allegations they have previously made about members of the Royal Family. Just over a quarter disagreed, while 31% said they were unsure.

Meanwhile, reports claim that Theo Rycroft, a senior aide to King Charles, has made improving relations between William and Harry a key priority. One suggested approach could involve creating opportunities for the brothers to appear together publicly, although there is no indication that a reconciliation has been agreed.

For now, the poll suggests that many members of the British public believe the responsibility for breaking the ice lies more heavily with Harry, rather than William.

Whether the brothers are ready to take that step remains to be seen.